Douglas Shaw & Associates is a full-service marketing and direct response agency serving non-profit faith-based organizations. We assist clients with strategic planning, tactical execution, and full-cycle analytics for any variety of integrated fundraising programs. Douglas Shaw & Associates provides a casual work environment that is based on honesty, integrity, mutual respect and fun. At Douglas Shaw & Associates, Inc., we believe sound strategy should drive all creative and production services.
To ensure that all documents generated by Douglas Shaw & Associates (both clients’ donor communications as well as Douglas Shaw & Associates business documents) are without mistakes in their final form and to provide editorial and document preparation assistance throughout the Company.
- Review, proofread, correct and make editing recommendations for all external client print and electronic media communications
- Review, proofread, correct and make editing recommendations for all internal Douglas Shaw & Associates print and electronic media communications of an official nature
- Determine accurate use of grammar and content at initial copywriting and final pre-press/pre-production stages
- Check and compare final letter set-up and printers’ proofs to determine all noted design and copy changes have been made
- Provide design and production specification formatting of copy checks for copywriters
- Make minor client alterations to copy decks and design laser proofs
- Assist co-workers throughout the company with development of document templates in Word for proposal, reporting and presentation purposes
- 3-5 years of proofreading experience, preferably in an agency or fundraising environment
- Excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Microsoft Office proficiency, particularly Word
- Excellent communication and grammar skills (written and oral) required
- Ownership and effective time management / strong prioritization skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment under strict time-deadlines
- Demonstrates a positive and supportive attitude
- Direct mail experience helpful, but not required
Since Douglas Shaw & Associates currently works for largely evangelical Christian nonprofit organizations, a unique sensitivity to client style (beliefs, culture, mission, and preferences) will need to be exercised. Strict confidentiality is required of all agency and client information and data.