Douglas Shaw & Associates is a full-service marketing and direct response fundraising agency serving primarily faith-based nonprofit organizations. We assist clients with strategic planning, tactical execution, and full-cycle analytics for custom integrated fundraising programs. Douglas Shaw & Associates provides a casual work environment that is based on honesty, integrity, mutual respect, and fun.
The Creative Director will oversee direct response fundraising communications, workflow, internal and client edits for both copy and design and interface with other departments on behalf of the Creative Department. The Creative Director must understand and maintain the voice of our diverse clients in effective, results-oriented communications and have deep knowledge and passion for direct response fundraising.
- Direct Creative Services for the agency and all clients
- Contribute to development of strategy and direct its execution within the creative team
- Lead Creative team by helping them provide the highest quality of creative copy and design driven by the Creative Strategy Brief
- Ensure that every creative project accurately reflects the strategy outlined in the Creative Strategy Brief.
- Attend all project launch and creative strategy meetings alongside writers/designers so that a clear understanding of purpose is carried through all stages of creative project development
- Participate in new business presentations to represent Douglas Shaw & Associates's ability to provide prospective clients with award-winning creative that not only delivers results, but also accurately captures the client's voice
- Foster an atmosphere of professional growth for each team member and pride in achieving results for Douglas Shaw & Associates's clients
- Work with the Traffic Manager to keep a daily schedule for copy and design as planned in Workamajig, looking ahead at possible roadblocks and managing as appropriate in order to meet due dates. Be fluid and flexible in working with all teams in order to move jobs efficiently and effectively. Take the initiative and communicate with all teams should copy or design deadlines are in jeopardy.
- Develop a partner relationship with Client Services to ensure that every Creative Strategy Brief represents our best thinking for every creative project.
- Work closely with Client Services and clients as needed to ensure excellence and superior performance in all endeavors.
- Work with COO & Executive Creative Director in the hiring and management of all creative and freelance talent as necessary.
- Work with COO & Traffic Manager to prioritize and reassign projects to team as necessary.
- Work with COO to build infrastructure and teams to perform all projects on time, within budget and with excellence.
- Provide leadership to the creative team by keeping abreast of the best, innovative and new direct marketing strategies for both cultivation and acquisition.
- Ensure that the strategy behind all creative efforts represents ‘best in class’ thinking for all Douglas Shaw & Associates clients.
- Provide Douglas Shaw & Associates clients with innovative creative that will cost-effectively generate new donors.
- Significant history of accomplished creative product demonstrating depth and breadth of direct marketing best practices in multiple channels
- Ability to imagine and pitch creative approaches, write compelling copy, edit and art direct effectively
- Demonstrates flexibility as client and marketing needs change regularly.
- Has successfully developed, strategized and sold Digital as a part of an integrated campaign
- Strong copy background
- Excellent presenter and communicator with clients and prospects
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of getting the best out of Creative teams
- Ability to teach and mentor
- Able to understand our particular niche in the market
- Strong sense of offer and how to keep it fresh
- A passion for continuous learning and the business
The Creative Director reports directly to COO administratively, and the Executive Creative Director for all Creative Strategy input.
Location and Travel Expectations
We are open to a remote Creative Director for the right candidate.
The Creative Director will be asked to travel as needed to build and maintain client relationships and participate in new business efforts.
Since Douglas Shaw & Associates currently works largely for evangelical Christian nonprofit organizations, a unique sensitivity to client style (beliefs, culture, mission, and preferences) will need to be exercised.