Douglas Shaw & Associates is a full-service marketing and direct response fundraising agency serving primarily faith-based nonprofit organizations. We assist clients with strategic planning, tactical execution, and full-cycle analytics for custom integrated fundraising programs. DSA provides a casual work environment that is based on honesty, integrity, mutual respect and fun.
The Finance Manager is a new position, created to support our continued growth of DSA. As a key member of the Finance Team, the Finance Manager will report directly to the CFO. This position can grow into a Controller and possibly CFO.
- Oversee and participate in month-end and year-end close.
- Prepare and analyze monthly P & L, providing comparison of the company’s actual performance to plan, with meaningful variance analysis.
- Work with the CFO to continuously monitor the budget and update the forecast monthly.
- Assists the CFO in the development of the annual operating budget.
- Prepare and/or review monthly journal entries for accounts payable, postage, depreciation, and miscellaneous entries.
- Prepare and/or oversee monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Oversee the accurate and timely processing of all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions and reports.
- Prepare client billings by reviewing charges against client annual plans and vendor invoices.
- Assist CFO and Client Services Team in preparing and reviewing pricing of annual retainer and individual projects resulting in Clients’ Annual Plans.
- Prepare and maintain a rolling 12-month cash flow forecast.
- Provide strong leadership to the finance and accounting team to ensure that job responsibilities are met and are in line with organizational goals and objectives.
- Work with CFO to assure corporate income tax compliance and accurate and timely completion of corporate income tax returns prepared by outside CPA.
- Back-up for AP, AR and Payroll.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- B.S. in Accounting or relevant educational background
- 3-7 years of experience in a related role
- Management / supervisory experience
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency