Douglas Shaw & Associates is a full-service marketing and direct response agency serving non-profit organizations. We assist clients with strategic planning, tactical execution, and full-cycle analytics for any variety of integrated programs. DSA provides a casual work environment that is based on honesty, integrity, mutual respect and fun.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing, implementing, adjusting, and maintaining a suite of analytical tools in order to improve fundraising results for DSA’s growing non-profit client roster.
- Analyze data stored in internal database to optimize response and revenue for fundraising campaigns
- Design custom data models and algorithms to support fundraising goals
- Design and utilize machine learning/AI to identify opportunities as appropriate
- Use predictive modeling to support decisions related to fundraising strategy
- Develop processes, tools, and enshrine best practices to analyze results of efforts
- Build and deploy compelling and digestible data visualizations
- Complete ad hoc analysis and present results to key decision makers
- Identify opportunities to enrich data with third party sources as needed
- Identify opportunities for automation of processing and data analysis
- Degree in statistics, CS, applied mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in programming, building statistical models, data modeling, analytics
- Strong problem-solving orientation
- Desire to design and implement rather than shepherd preexisting tools
- Practical knowledge of statistical techniques – Regression, Distribution, Test design
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques – Classification, Clustering, ANN, etc.
- Experience with Analysis and Visualization software – SQL, R, Tableau, MatLab, etc.
- Experience with programming languages – C++, Python, Java, Perl, etc.
- Comfort with Microsoft suite – Excel, Word, Outlook
Remote with travel to the office quarterly or working on site at our Naperville Illinois office
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave