Douglas Shaw & Associates is a full-service marketing and direct response fundraising agency serving primarily faith-based nonprofit organizations. We assist clients with strategic planning, tactical execution, and full-cycle analytics for custom, integrated fundraising programs. DSA provides a casual work environment that is based on honesty, integrity, mutual respect and fun.
The Consultant serves on the Client Services team, providing strategic direction and management of assigned client relationships, including management of client expectations, project execution and achievement of client income goals. The Consultant will serve as the lead on client accounts, however they may work under the direction of an SVP, Client Services on larger accounts.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with assigned clients.
- Build and maintain positive relationships within the agency.
- Provide account leadership (with guidance from SVP and others within the agency) in working with clients to uncover business needs and objectives.
- Lead, organize and implement the clients’ annual Strategic Review process and resulting Annual Fundraising Plan.
- Lead the collaborative work of the DSA team to create and present integrated plans and strategies to clients.
- Develop, build and grow assigned client relationships by maintaining direct, day-to-day client communications.
- Strategically prepare Creative Strategy Briefs (CSB’s) for each client project.
- Coordinate project timing and budgets with agency team and facilitate launch meetings.
- Review/approve copy & design to ensure all projects are on strategy.
- Manage client projects to meet all deliverable dates.
- Organize, prepare for, and lead regular client meetings.
- Monitor and assess performance of all client projects.
- Inform SVP of income shortfalls and other client issues.
- Regularly review project performance to provide donor file and income analysis and other necessary reports to client.
- Participate in sales process for prospective clients.
- Participate in exhibiting and presenting at conferences on behalf of the agency.
- 5-10 years of agency or fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in marketing or related field
- MS Office proficiency
- Prior client relationship management preferred
- Direct response marketing experience is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple clients, projects and deadlines and delegate / collaborate as appropriate
The Senior Consultant is expected to travel 25-30% of the time in support of DSA’s clients, sales efforts and public representation.
Since the agency currently works largely for evangelical Christian nonprofit organizations, a unique sensitivity to client style (beliefs, culture, and preferences) will need to be exercised.